Hello friends, Lets Talk about
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Chairman of Selectors Chetan Sharma has resigned from his post on Friday (February 16), according to the board’s treasurer Ashish Shelar. BCCI secretary Jay Shah has also accepted the resignation.
This resignation comes after the former chairman of selections revealed “behind the scenes” conversations in the cricket board regarding the team selection and also made major allegations about former skipper Virat Kohli’s alleged feud with former president Sourav Ganguly to Zee News channel during a sting operation was broadcast on Tuesday (February 14). He also alleged that players in the Indian men’s cricket team use injections to show ‘fake recovery’ and hasten their return to international cricket, often calling for ‘doctors on their own’ to be injected.
BCCI chief selector Chetan Sharma steps down from his post. He sent his resignation to BCCI secretary Jay Shah, who accepted it.
(File image) pic.twitter.com/1BhoLiIbPc— ANI (@ANI) 17 February 2023
Chetan Sharma had made some big claims in a Zee News Sting video earlier this week. The BCCI had indicated that it would seek an explanation as contracted officials are not allowed to speak to the media.
In an exclusive sting conducted by Zee News Channel, Sharma claimed that Kohli had ‘lied’ when he told the media in 2021 that Ganguly did not try to stop him from stopping the T20 captaincy after the T20 World Cup 2021 in which India failed. to reach the semi-finals. Back in 2021, Kohli had informed the media that he was told by the selectors that he would no longer continue as the ODI captain as well.
“Virat Kohli felt he lost the captaincy because of the BCCI president. There were 9 people in the selection committee video conference, Ganguly may have told him ‘think again’. I think Kohli didn’t hear what was 9 others there, including myself and all other selectors, BCCI officials – Kohli might not have heard him,” the former chairman of selectors said in the video.
The national selection panel is now without a chief selector. They are due to meet before the end of the ongoing second Test between India and Australia in Delhi. The current squad has only been selected for the first two Tests. The squad for the third and fourth Tests is to be announced.
The third Test between India and Australia will be held in Indore from March 1.
Thanks For Reading, Kindly share this to your friends.